The Ascension Parish Council Utilities Committee voted at its January 30 meeting to create a “team” to work together with the administration to evaluate the sewer proposal from Ascension Sewer LLC, resolve issues, and continue negotiations. The motion called for a six-member committee: two members from the Utilities Committee to be appointed by Chairman Corey Orgeron, two members from the Council at large appointed by Chairwoman Teri Casso, and two members from the administration appointed by President Cointment.
The team members are:
- Councilman Corey Orgeron, chair of Utilities and a practicing attorney who is familiar with contracts;
- Councilman Joel Robert, a member of Utilities and a small business owner and manager;
- Councilman Dal Waguespack, an engineer who works in industry;
- Councilwoman Teri Casso, a third-term Council member in her second term as chair;
- Ken Dawson, interim Infrastructure Director and former CAO who is also an engineer with years of government experience; and
- John Diez, Chief Administrative Officer of the parish who has more than 25 years’ experience in politics, government, organization, and analytics.
The team was tasked with looking at the terms and conditions of Ascension Sewer’s proposal, cooperating with the administration in negotiations, and reporting back to the Utilities Committee.