Transportation Director Joey Tureau delivered the news at this week’s meeting of Ascension Council’s Transportation Committee: Hwy 42 construction is scheduled for completion in March 2021. That will make it seven years since Lousiana’s DOTD began “clearing and grubbing” and over $35 million having been expended (not including the millions Ascension spent to install sewer lines). Those parish efforts complicated early construction efforts and actual road-widening did not commence until 2017.
“March of 2021 is what they’re telling me,” Tureau related to the committee.
Earlier 2020 projections tabbed this month for completion but complications, including COVID-19 workforce reduction (according to the contractor) imposed the latest delay.
Director Tureau updated other projects:
- C Braud Road safety-widening to begin construction (late 2020)
- Hwy 30 roundabouts to by Summer 2021
- Loosemore/Hwy 44 roundabout “let out” by Summer 2021
- Roddy Rd (from Airline Hwy to Bayou Narcisse Road) widening (out for bid in early 2021)
- Germany Rd @ Airline Hwy intersection improvements (Bid late 2021)
- Joe Sevario Rd/Merritt Evans Rd intersection improvements (Bid early 2021)