Registration for Kindergarten at Ascension Public Schools and applications for Early Childhood seats will begin March 15, 2021. The application process for Early Childhood is to be done fully online, while registration for Kindergarten will include a hybrid of online registration and drive-thru document drop off.
Students must be five years of age by Sept. 30, 2021, in order to attend Kindergarten in 2021-22. Parents must register on the school’s website starting March 15, 2021, before dropping off the following documents for their child to be enrolled into an Ascension Parish public school.
- Child’s birth certificate,
- Up-to-date immunization/shot records, and
- Proof of residence (ex: gas or electric bill with service address).
- Donaldsonville Primary
- Oak Grove Primary
- Bluff Ridge Primary
- Duplessis Primary & Sugar Mill Primary
- Prairieville Primary
- Bullion Primary
- Pecan Grove Primary
- Dutchtown Primary
- Galvez Primary
- G.W. Carver Primary
- Sorrento Primary
- Lake Elementary
- Gonzales Primary
- St. Amant Primary
- Spanish Lake Primary
- Central Primary & Sugar Mill Primary
- Lakeside Primary
- Ascension Early Childhood Office on Gonzales Primary’s campus (521 N. Burnside, Gonzales, LA 70737)
- Ascension Parish School Board Office (1100 Webster St., Donaldsonville, LA 70346)
The Ascension Early Childhood Community Network is comprised of multiple programs located within our public schools and community-based Type 3 Early Learning Centers. These programs include:
- 251 federally-funded Head Start seats for qualifying three or four year olds in selected public school sites,
- 434 state and locally funded Pre-K seats for qualifying four year olds in all public school sites that serve K-5 students, and
- Available federally-funded CCAP seats for qualifying birth to five year olds in community-based Type 3 Learning Centers that are part of our community network.
Additionally, our public school sites offer a limited number of tuition-paying seats for four year olds based on a sliding income scale. Children must have their fourth birthday on or before Sept. 30, 2021, to be considered for a Pre-K seat at a public school site.
Publicly-funded early childhood seats are dependent upon available federal and state funding. Program eligibility is determined by total gross family income. Therefore, there are limited openings available at each site. Completing an application does NOT guarantee placement. Students are NOT accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, but rather on factors that impact kindergarten readiness including family income. All applicants who have a completed application (including income documentation) will be processed in June. Accepted participants will be notified in July. Tuition-based seats are limited, and tuition amounts vary based on family. income.