Lynelle Johnson is a conservative Republican businesswoman seeking to unseat the incumbent Justice of the Peace-3rd Justice Court. Johnson believes her “professional experience and community involvement make me the better choice to serve all the citizens in the jurisdiction.”
“Justices of the Peace have to be well-versed in the law but there are so many other services to provide that a judge does not address,” Johnson explained. “My entire profession life has prepared me to do the job, effectively and with compassion for every person before the 3rd Justice Court.”
Section 1 —Education / Professional Experience
- LSU, Burke Baker School of Real Estate & Appraising, and Louisiana Notary Institute
- Formal training of the Fair Housing Act (evictions, discrimination, rights for land owners & tenants) in mortgages, land ownership, division, servitude, and easements
- Legal Secretary at local Attorneys and other Justice of the Peace offices
- Proficiently writes legal contracts for everything from personal agreements and obligations to mortgages
- Personal businesses of finance, auto dealership & repair, real estate, construction, land development, and full Notary Services
- Commissioned Notary Public for the entire state of Louisiana
“I understand the importance of being involved in the community, trying to give back to a parish that’s been so good to me and my family,” Johnson stressed. “I am the true conservative in this race, sharing those values so important to friends and neighbors.”
Community Involvement/Organization Memberships
- Ascension Parish Chamber of Commerce
- Ascension Republican Parish Executive Committee at-Large member (ARPEC)
- Ascension Republican Women
- Commissioned Deputy with the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Louisiana Notary Association
- Better Business Bureau
- National Rifle Association
- National Independent Auto Dealers Association (NIADA)
- National Write Your Congressman
- Sponsor of APSO Christmas Crusade Program, Polar Plunge for Special Olympics, Gulf Coast Police Motorcycle Skills Championship Competition, LDWF Kids “Got Caught Wearing Your Life Jacket” t-shirt program
Prepared to Better Serve the People in 3rd Justice Court
- Educated on the Louisiana Statues that determine the cases before the Justice of the Peace office and how to best represent the parish residents.
- Vast knowledge and experience of ownership, how things are acquired, possessed, and transferred/sold which allows me to make informed and educated rulings in the court that will be upheld in a higher court.
- Will bring a new and needed level of professionalism and knowledge to the Justice of the Peace office.
- Will be fair, impartial, and honest and treat everyone with professionalism and respect.
- Will make sure cases are in the correct venue (jurisdiction) so that both the plaintiff and defendant are represented respectfully and equally.
- Will have after hours available for those with busy schedules.
“I understand that Justices of the Peace must be public servants first and foremost, treating every individual fairly, impartially and with respect,” Lynelle Johnson pledged. “These are the principles I bring to the job and I humbly ask for your vote.”
Election Day is November 3 with Early Voting from October 20-27.