GONZALES CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY MARCH 23, 2020 AT 5:30 P.M.
- Call to Order.
- Roll Call.
- Presentation of Guest: (a) Open for Citizens of Gonzales, present. (b) Open for all other guest present.
- Consider the request of Tess Bazile, Representative of Anything Outdoors, for approval of a Special Event Permit to hold a “Bayou Bash” at the Gonzales Civic Center on July 11, 2020 from 8am-11:00am. This fundraising event will consist of a Jambalaya Tour 2020 cook-off, benefiting St. Jude.
- Consider the request of Tess Bazile, Representative of Anything Outdoors-Helping Kids, for approval of a Special Event Permit to hold a “Fall Fest” at the Gonzales Civic Center on September 12, 2020 from 8am-11:00am. This event will consist of a Jambalaya Tour 2020 cook-off.
- Adopt Resolution No. 2893: A Resolution of the City of Gonzales Mayor and Councilman in opposition of all proposed legislation that enables the Legislature to remove the authority of local Governments to administer and collect local Sales & Use Taxes.
- Introduction of Ordinance Amending the Boundaries of the “Northeast Gonzales Economic Development District”.
- Introduction of Ordinance to adopt a second Supplemental Bond Ordinance authorizing the issuance of not exceeding $2,400,000 of Taxable Sales Tax Bonds, Series 2020, of the City of Gonzales, State of Louisiana.
- Engineering Report/Public Works Director Report.